Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President within the Anti-Money Laundering team within the business with additional responsibilities for MIS reporting, project work, change management within the First Line of Defense (FLOD) team.
Embrace changes around FLOD, and influence the culture within FLOD. Champion and demonstrate a risk and compliance mindset.
Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model ethical behavior and decision making.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for the following core functions within the FLOD team:
- FLOD AML – ensuring all funds have appropriate AML ratings, managing workload and priorities, appropriately escalating to AML Compliance and responding to enquiries.
- Responding to requests for information from the business, data management and MIS reporting.
- Managing the process for updating procedures and job aids.
- Managing change or projects as the team requires it.
- Assisting other ad-hoc task across the team, e.g. Volcker, Conflicts of Interest.
- Managing a small team to ensure tasks are completed and perform performance assessments of team members.
- Establish good working relationships with key functional teams across the business and with outsourced service providers in Poland and India.
- Maintain the highest level of personal integrity in all dealings thereby mitigating reputational risk to GS and its customers
- Provide regular feedback and dialogue to ensure optimal employee engagement
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook…)
- Ability to learn quickly and analytical skills
- Excellent organization skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
The required skills and qualifications are :
- University Degree in Law or Banking, Finance, Economics,
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Banking and Investment Fund business
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, fluent in English (written and oral)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to various situations and audiences
- Experience in change management and project management
- Financial Services background would be preferred.
- Ability to analyse financial and business data and assess the adequacy of status updates is essential.
Travel may be required.