A senior leadership role in the financial reporting department, particular focus to lead Financial Reporting delivery across key client relationships, lead team and staff management and development, possess a strong technical expertise on financial reporting related matters, drive department strategy at a local and global level and implement necessary change, strengthen internal control and risk management processes as appropriate and general management of ad hoc tasks as required.
- Lead, manage and develop relationships with your assigned clients and audit firms.
- Work closely with the department head and other senior staff within the financial reporting and across functions to manage and lead the Financial Reporting team.
- Provide a technical senior manager insight and review to financial statements to ensure a financial statements represent ‘best in class’ at local and global levels.
- Provide senior leadership and technical financial reporting advice to your staff, clients, audit firms and other parties as required.
- Observe, inspect and evaluate performance of staff in the department. Put in place ongoing development plans to develop and manage your staff.
- Lead the oversight of external audits for your assigned clients to ensure timely delivery and completion per agreed timetable.
- Represent State Street Ireland financial reporting at industry, regional and global levels as appropriate.
- Make sound operational judgement and decisions as required. Handle and resolve complex financial reporting related issues as they arise.
- Successfully lead and implement business transformation targets and objectives as part of ongoing development and change.
- Continuously challenge and steer change in the department, encourage new ways of making department more efficient through use of automation and process review and change.
- Need to network at all levels in the funds industry to maximize opportunities and knowledge share for the benefit of Financial Reporting.
- Assist other senior management in the department and deputize for your manager as required from time to time.
Reporting to a Vice President, this position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to lead a number of global client relationships across Financial Reporting and manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department a leading fund administrator in Ireland.
A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree and having at least 8-10 years experience in a similar financial reporting environment preferable within the funds industry.
Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting
complemented with a detailed understanding of Fund Administration, Custody and Legal /
- Experience in managing a number teams / people.
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, FRS 102, UK GAAP, US GAAP)
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable with managing difficult situations as they arise.
- Up to date on all financial reporting technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, auditors at all levels with confidence.
- Ability to delegate work to others.
- Ability to hold and chair meetings as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (eg. excel, word, power point).
- Strong attention to detail
- Multi-tasking ability
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Strong inter-personal skills\