In the role of Derivatives Specialist, you will be responsible for:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Trade capture (New trades, cancellations, novation’s, expiries, terminations, maturities)
- Asset set up
- Lifecycle monitoring & processing/Asset servicing (Swap resets, Credit events etc.)
- Cash management (OTC cash flow calculation monitoring & processing)
- Client reporting
- Valuations support
- Exception management
To be successful in this role, your experience should include:
- Knowledge of or an interest in OTC derivative products (Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, CFDs, Swaptions, FX Options)
- Highly computer literate with a very good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills & attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated and reliant
- Uses Initiative
- Financial or Business background
- Knowledge of OTC derivative instruments is desirable
- An honours degree from a related / numeracy based discipline required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers