Who are we looking for?
You! Are you a qualified/part qualified accountant looking to expand your career in financial reporting, do you have a number of years’ experience in a similar environment managing a team? well State Street Ireland is the place for you.
State Street are the largest financial administrator in Ireland, this position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department of the leading fund administrator in Ireland with the ability for career development in a variety of different areas in the funds industry.
As part of our current expansion of operations in Ireland (Kilkenny) we are expanding our financial reporting team in Kilkenny.
What we can offer you?
Flexibility to blend working from home or office, excellent benefits package, strong personal and career development programmes to support your career journey and much more. Keep reading to find out more.
Why this role is important to us
As a core member of our Financial Reporting team, this position offers a senior management role with a focus on key areas such as client and auditor management, technical expertise on financial reporting related matters and staff management.
You will be working with a team of dedicated financial reporting professionals to deliver high quality financial statements for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon. The role will give exposure and the opportunity to build strong relationships across functions internally and directly with clients, auditors and regulators.
What you will be responsible for:
- Relationship Building – Manage and develop relationships with clients, counterparties and other external parties. You will act as a State Street representative to our clients.
- Client focus – Ability to manage client’s expectations and deal with their queries. Lead and participate in the ongoing transformational change in Financial Reporting across Ireland and broader regions.
- Manage the financial reporting process you will lead, direct and manage the department in collaboration with your manager/s and senior colleagues and manage the operations of the core financial reporting teams assigned to you within the department.
- Technical Maintain and develop technical expertise. Provide advice to our clients, demonstrating sound technical judgement, an understanding of the business together with the overall client relationship.
- Review and update department Operational processes, to ensure controls remain effective and account for dynamic changes in client requirements, mitigating operational risk wherever possible.
- Assist in ad hoc project work as requested from time to time.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, FRS 102, UK GAAP, US GAAP).
- Team skills – experience in managing a number teams / people with a demonstrated ability to work with people at different levels both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and effectively prioritise.
- Proactive approach and willingness to continuously strive to learn and develop.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong preference for a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with a business or related degree and having a number of years’ related experience in a similar environment (financial reporting or audit) including previous experience managing staff in a similar financial reporting environment preferably within the funds industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards as they relate to funds (IFRS, Irish GAAP in particular)
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting, ideally complemented with an understanding of Fund Administration, Custody and Legal / Regulatory background.
To further enhance your career and development, State Street provides full support to train and qualify as a professional accountant with any of the professional bodies (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA).
Apply today – Join a global player with local values.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers