Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Officer this position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to large multi-class, multi-manager, multi-currency portfolios that invest in a variety of instruments (including derivatives) and as a result, the pricing of these positions, reconciliations, corporate actions and dividends.
The environment is process driven and involves completion of Net Asset Value of Monthly Hedge funds and oversight of related processes completed out of multi-locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for NAV Oversight and NAV Dissemination
- Accurate and timely production of the Monthly Net Asset Value
- Drive and assume responsibility for client specific projects
- Assume oversight responsibility for operational aspects of the Clients funds
- Analytical review and validation of each component of the NAV
- Processing of accounting transactions on valuations system
- Daily reconciliation review, investigation of cash and position reconciliations, liaising with multiple departments for timely break resolution.
- Adherence to non-standard control environment
- Daily interactions with Fund Managers and Trading Advisors ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times.
- Review of overall job process with a view to further efficiencies and risk mitigation
- Training of new team members
- Daily interaction with other internal State Street departments servicing this client
- Represent the team on local, regional or global working groups as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent administrative, organisational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a large team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- High motivated and energetic
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Honour’s Degree required – preferred business/accounting/finance concentration.
- Relevant experience working in fund administrations services
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.