Who we are looking for
Someone with experience of working with telecommunication providers in relation to the delivery of communication services, they require an understanding of telecom invoicing.
The successful applicant will be maintaining a global inventory of line and circuits, managing expenditure and help with providing management reporting.
This is a global role within the newly formed Telecom Expense Management team.
The goal is to manage telecom expenses and the delivery of connectivity.
What you will be responsible for
As Telecom Expense Manager you will be :
- Responsible for understanding and validating telecom invoices
- Provide support for financial approval for connectivity purchases (Tech Plan and MR)
- Maintain TEM and non-TEM inventory
- Creation of ITVM intake tickets relating to telecommunication services/contracts
- Assist in the review of telecommunication contracts
- Procure connectivity as per business requirement and internal processes
- Assist in the delivery of new circuits ensuring connectivity is delivered within desired timeframes
- Work with TEM provider to ensure invoices are reviewed, validated and paid within SLA
- Work with TEM to ensure late payment fees are avoided
- Work with colleagues in Networks to understand technology and business requirements
- Recommend cost saving initiatives
- Report on TEM workload and savings
- Required Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of telecom voice and data provision
- Experience of telecom invoicing
- Strong financial analytical abilities
- Excellent Excel ability including formulas, functions and analyzing data
- Demonstrated ability to work under intense pressure when resolving complex issues with strict deadlines
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with the team members and superiors
- Global mindset and visionary
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to present concepts in concise manner
- Ability to develop strong relationships (TEM provider, carriers, Procurement, IT Finance, Accounts Payable)
- Experience of working on large scale global projects
- Strong financial analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects and process improvement activities. Results-oriented team player
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to use Project Management techniques and tools to plan/monitor project processes.
Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers