Bluefin are currently hiring a NOC Technician (Part-time) – Waterford, IRL.
Summary: Bluefin is looking for a Part Time NOC Technician to join the Network Operations Centre in Waterford, Ireland. The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, customer driven, and willing to work on a weekend rotating shift schedule. The main duties involve tracking and supporting of all incoming and outbound alerts, proactive monitoring of the Bluefin network infrastructure, and systems, while providing a live point-of-contact for employees and partners for all operational issues. The incumbent will also perform monitoring, analysis, and coordinate restoration of failed production services. The role is based in the Waterford office.
The part time role will be for 16 hours on weekends. Core rotating shift hours are:
Shift 1: Friday 18:00 – 02:00 + Monday 00:00 – 08:00
Shift 2: Saturday + Sunday 00:00 – 08:00
Shift 3: Saturday + Sunday 08:00 – 16:00
Shift 4: Saturday + Sunday 16:00 – 00:00
- Monitor ongoing operations, networks, and IT service infrastructure performance.
- Interpret monitor alert messages and perform required actions.
- Provide technical support for all Enterprise systems.
- Basic Network Support (LAN/VPN/WLAN)
- Desktop Patching (Implement/Verify – both Windows and Mac)
- Understand and implement escalation, incident management, and change management processes and procedures of the NOC.
- Aid team members, System Administrators, customers, and merchants by applying technical knowledge of operations and systems using server, PCs, telephones, and emails.
- Review and respond to security system alerts and escalate when appropriate.
- Provide helpdesk support for internal employees.
- Some light Customer Service duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Leaving Certificate required
- Third Level or working towards qualification, preferred in a technical discipline
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Understanding of TCP/IP, switching, and routing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and research skills
- Windows and MAC experience
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Zendesk would be considered advantageous
- Strong orientation toward servicing others