Job Title: European VAT Manager
Reporting to: CEO, RedSky VAT
Location: Kilkenny, Ireland
RedSky Europe, was established in 2019 to provide a localized fulfilment centre to store and dispatch inventory from within Europe, resulting in the best possible customer experience for brands. RedSky Europe’s have subsequently developed an exclusive VAT (tax) platform enabling companies to trade seamlessly while saving valuable time and money within Europe.
Our vision is to grow RedSky Europe into an ecommerce fintech business with the development of a scalable SaaS based fully integrated tax management platform. A platform specifically targeted at ecommerce merchants selling products and services, offering seamless automated management of their EU VAT obligations and payments
The European VAT Manager will be responsible for managing the company’s VAT compliance SaaS Platform across all European countries where the company operates. The successful candidate will be a proactive individual capable of interpreting and applying complex tax legislation to the company’s operations. The role is responsible for managing relationships with clients and advisors as well as internal stakeholders. This is a senior position that will report directly to the CEO.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure timely and accurate VAT registrations, reporting, and compliance across all European countries where our clients operate.
- Work with the finance team to resolve issues that arise and ensure VAT positions are correctly reflected.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of VAT rules and regulations across Europe and act as an expert in VAT-related matters.
- Act as the primary contact for all VAT-related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance and training to other members of the finance team on VAT issues and ensure the VAT implications of new transactions are considered.
- Work closely with external advisors and tax authorities as required.
- Manage Client compliance teams.
- Keep up to date with changes in VAT regulations, rules & rates across EU countries, and take responsibility for ensuring the associated SaaS Platform data and rules are updated accordingly.
- Work with the CEO and IT specialist on continually updating the VAT compliance SaaS platform.
- Identify, hire and develop a small team of VAT specialists to grow with this scaling business.
About You- Professional:
- A professional accounting or tax qualification such as CTA, ACCA or ACA.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience required as a Chartered Tax Advisor; Big 4/Top 10 firm or legal practice preferred.
- In depth knowledge of VAT and the relevant legislation in Ireland
- Reasonable exposure to and knowledge of European VAT
- IT literate professional with experience working with financial software.
- Experience collaborating with IT and C Suite to develop financial software is highly desirable.
- Experience in establishing financial structures for multinational companies is desirable.
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
About You – Personal
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with a proven track record of effectively. managing and developing teams to achieve business objectives.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to problem-solve and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Accomplished communicator, approachable and able to build strong relationships.
- A team player who can work collaboratively across borders.
- Commercially driven with a sound understanding of the needs of the business.
- Fluent in English; additional language skills would be an advantage.
- Excellent salary
- Opportunities for development and career progression
- Open door policy where opinions and suggestions are valued.
- Inclusive, casual and exciting work environment
- Modern Kilkenny City centre office location
- Working in an innovative disruptive company in the Ecommerce sector
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic environment where the company is growing rapidly. The successful candidate will have autonomy to deliver high-quality outcomes, be a strategic thinker who can communicate effectively and make a positive impact on the finance team.