Together we invite you to a free in-person event, taking place at the prestigious Walton Institute, South East Technological University in Waterford. This event aims to provide insights and knowledge about the use cases of AI, Blockchain, and Quantum to understand how the Funds Industry can leverage these technology opportunities.
Our distinguished speakers include European leading researchers who will share their expertise and break down the jargon surrounding these emerging technologies and funds industry FinTEchs who benefit from the collaborative environment in the South East region. Discover how your business can benefit from digital transformation, explore a wide range of funding opportunities available, and gain a deeper understanding of the significance for the financial sector.
Here’s a quick glimpse of the featured cluster speakers:
Kevin Doolin, Executive Director at Walton Institute, will provide an overview of Walton and outline opportunities in EU and Cascade Funding.
Liam Fitzgerald, ICS Technology Gateway Manager at Walton Institute, will discuss the funding options available to companies through the ICS Technology Gateway.
Dr. Deirdre Kilbane, Director of Research at Walton Institute, will introduce AI/Blockchain/quantum use cases within the financial sector, promote their benefits, and break down the jargon.
John Casey, Funds Academy SETU will share his insights on the future of the funds industry.
Simon Gillis, Fund Recs: Collaborating to automate multiple processes in the funds industry.
Paul Burke, Chair of the IF FinTech SG, will cover the role of Irish Funds FinTech Specialist group, the regional focus of the speaker series event and the importance of the emerging technologies in the funds industry.
Event running order:
Kick off 10am
- 10am Catriona Murphy, South East Financial Services Cluster Manager
- 10.02 Paul Burke, Chair of the Irish Funds FinTechFinTech Steering Group who will discuss the role of the Irish Funds FinTech Specialist group, the regional focus of the speaker series event and the importance of the emerging technologies in the funds industry.
- 10.05 Kevin Doolin, Executive Director at Walton Institute: An overview of Walton and outline opportunities in EU and Cascade Funding.
- 10.35 Liam Fitzgerald, ICS Technology Gateway Manager at Walton Institute: Funding options available to companies through the ICS Technology Gateway.
- 10.55 Dr. Deirdre Kilbane, Director of Research at Walton Institute: AI/Blockchain/quantum use cases within the financial sector.
- 11.15 Panel including Kevin, Liam, Deirdre, James O’Sullivan (tbc) and chaired by Dr Aisling O’Neill, Arclabs Centre Manager.
Wraps up at 11.35am
Tea / Coffee break – returning at 12pm
- 12pm John Casey, Fund Academy SETU: The future of the funds industry.
- 12.15 Simon Gillis Fund Recs: Collaborating to automate multiple processes in the funds industry.
- 12.45ICS Technology Gateway outlines upcoming opportunities and events within the AI space.
- 12.55 Catriona Murphy, South East Financial Services Cluster Manager & Paul Burke, Link Fund Solutions & Chair of the Irish Funds FinTech Working Group
1pm Event Closes
Don’t miss this free event and the opportunity to connect with industry experts and like-minded professionals. Register now and secure your spot at this exclusive Fintech Speaker Series!
Note: This event is limited to a maximum capacity to ensure the safety and comfort of all participants.
About Ireland South East Financial Services Cluster
Ireland South East Financial Services Cluster is an enterprise led cluster initiative funded by five local authorities in the region: Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford.
Ireland South East is home to Ireland’s largest cohort of Financial Services outside of Dublin. We aim to bond the traditional and emerging financial services and FinTech community to engage with peers, partner, bounce ideas, look for tips and hints, get and give mentorship. Our goal is to bridge our community internationally – capturing the growth potential for all. Our 5 Pillars to support growth include:
- Skills – ensuring academia are aligned with industry needs
- Marketing and Branding – promoting the regions attractiveness for professionals and investors
- Networking – enhancing the opportunities for companies in the region to network
- Innovation – linking companies with emerging research and start-up innovation
- Infrastructure – to address priority infrastructure barriers impeding company
We welcome you to connect and bond with our financial service community. Leaders here are building a FinTech Centre of Excellence providing the cluster network the space to engage with peers, bounce ideas, sourcing solutions, tips and hints, receiving and providing mentorship. Essentially growing together and bridging the financial service community based in Ireland South East with a global network.
View our cluster map here: https://www.